Loft Insulation: The Benefits
There is little worse than a home that simply won’t hold its heat in winter and is stuffy and hot in the summer. Insulation in the loft can help all properties to regulate the temperature within the building. What’s more, loft insulation can improve the comfort within the home. It can also save a fortune on utility bills throughout the year.
Insulating your home might be a big investment. However, it is a sure-fire way to improve your energy efficiency. Furthermore, it can potentially save you a lot of money in the long run. The roof is one of the areas of the home where you can lose the most heat. Therefore, quality insulation can make a huge impact. If you’re wondering if loft insulation is right for you, read on for the many benefits and reasons to choose to insulate your property.
Why Get Loft Insulation?
There are a vast number of reasons for insulating your loft, with very few downsides. This makes it an obvious choice for many homeowners. The main benefits of lost insulation are:
- Up to half of the heat generated in your property can be lost through the roof, and loft insulation helps to minimise this.
- You can save hundreds of pounds on utility bills such as gas and electricity by upgrading your loft insulation.
- The environment will benefit from the reduction in carbon emissions from your property.
- Condensation can also reduce, which can prevent other property issues such as damp and mould.
- Your home will be quieter as less outside noise will get into your home.
- It may improve your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating, which will increase the value of your property.
Will Lost Insulation Save Money?
If your utility bills are high, then loft insulation is one of the simplest and most cost-effective ways to reduce these. It will improve the energy efficiency of your home, and the upfront costs are relatively low in comparison to other methods of reducing your energy consumption. When you insulate your loft with high-quality materials, it could easily last up to 40 years with very little maintenance.
As soon as you install loft insulation, you can considerably reduce the cost of heating and cooling your property. It is likely that you will regain your outgoing costs in a matter of just two to three years through these savings. The government also offers some schemes to help property owners towards the costs of lost insulation. This means you may be able to save even more money through installation.
Does Insulating the loft Help The Environment?
Not only will your wallet thank you for getting loft insulation, but so will the planet. Using less energy through heating and cooling will result in your property having a lower environmental impact. It can also reduce your carbon footprint. Furthermore, this reduces the number of chemicals released into the environment from your home. It is also possible to invest in loft insulation that is created from recycled products and materials. Contact us anytime to see how we can help insulate your loft.